Monday, June 13, 2011

First Day in Cleveland

So, yesterday was my first full day in Cleveland and I promised you a story. So, here it is: I woke up around 10, in so much pain I thought I was going to die. So, we decided to find a Target where we could buy a mattress-topper. We typed "Target" into the GPS and it gave us direction to "Target Food Shop." Well, we think, "Great! We can get so groceries while we're there!" So, we follow the route. As we drive, we're entering the sketchy part of town. And things just get sketchier. Well, now we're worried. Where is this Target? Finally, the GPS says "Arriving at destination." And there it is! In all its podunk glory - the Target Food Shop, a shack-like convenient store with peeling paint. So, we decide to go to Wal Mart. Now, the Wal Mart is, literally, in a steel mill. So, we shop. Then, we decide to go out to eat. Well, I'd looked up restaurants on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives and found Geraci's Restaurant, a pizzeria famous for its meatballs. Well, my mom loves pizza and I love meatballs. So, that was the logical choice. We ordered tri-cheese pizza, pesto-chicken-artichoke pizza, and meatballs. It was to die for. I've never liked pizza, but I loved that pizza! So, we stuffed ourselves! Then, we went to the Whole Foods store, because Mom and I love Whole Foods and Judy, our travel companion, had never been in one. We got the cutest chocolate cups! I'll post a picture of them before we eat them. Our check-out person told us about this local favorite ice cream shop, East Coast Custard. Well, we all love ice cream! So, we toodled on to it. And OMG! - I've never had such smooth, creamy, and delicious ice cream! I'm in love! Also, that day, we bought tickets for the plays we'll be seeing while we're here and loaned my chair charger to a fellow dancer who is staying in our same hotel and has lost her charger. Been there, done that. Glad that I could help her and pay forward the help another person provided me! And, that was my first day in Cleveland, in a nutshell.

No comments:

Post a Comment